Papillion Sex Offender Program
Effective August 16, 2006, Ordinance 1486 (PDF) bars certain sex offenders from residing within 500 feet from any school or licensed child care facility (commercial or residential). The Papillion Police Department will investigate any reported violation of the city's municipal code regarding sex offender residency prohibition. In addition, officers perform periodic face-to-face checks of all non-prohibited registered sex offenders to verify that all registration information is up-to-date and accurate.
Ordinance Restrictions and Exceptions - Ordinance 1486
RestrictionIt is unlawful for any person who is subject to the Nebraska Sex Offender Registration Act classified as a sexual predator as defined in Ordinance 1486 or similar requirement or law of any other state, to reside within 500 feet of any child care facility or school. For purposes of this restriction, a sexual predator is any Level 3 offender who has victimized a person 18 years of age or younger.
- The sex offender does not meet the definition of a sexual predator as defined in the ordinance and this order.
- The sexual predator resides within a prison or a correctional or treatment facility operated by the state or political subdivision.
- The sexual predator established a residence within the city limits of Papillion prior to July 1, 2006, and has not moved from that residence.
- The sexual predator established a residence within the city limits of Papillion after July 1, 2006, and the school or child care facility triggering the restriction was established after the initial date of the sexual predator's residence at that location.
- The sexual predator becomes in violation of this ordinance because of annexation into the city.