Decisions we make and actions we take are based on core values. The Papillion Fire Department is charged with providing important services to the community and its members are held to a high standard. The values listed below are the collective values of the members of the department. Each member is expected to perform the functions of their position in accordance with the following values:
- Compassion: Understanding that we respond to calls for assistance when people are experiencing difficulties, we show care, empathy, kindness, and concern as we mitigate the situation.
- Courage: Putting the needs of others ahead of our own, we understand that we will be required to enter dangerous situations. We commit to do so as effectively and safely as possible, but we will get the job done.
- Faithfulness: We will be steadfast in our work, mindful of the duty we have accepted, devoted to supporting each other and serving the citizens of our community.
- Honesty: Our conduct on - and off-duty will reflect the integrity with which we live. Collectively, we behave according to a high level of standards.
- Humility: We are confident in our abilities to perform our jobs, but we let our actions speak for themselves.
- Loyalty: In taking the oath of a firefighter, we have pledged our working lives to the betterment of our citizens. We willingly accept this call to duty.
- Reliability: Through training and education, we have prepared ourselves for the tasks required of us. We strive to provide a consistent, high level of services that our citizens can count on in their time of need.
- Respect: We value each person that we come in contact with, recognizing that each individual is unique and important.
- Responsibility: We are accountable for the actions we take and the words we say.