Weekday Morning Pickleball
Weekday Morning Pickleball is for both Papillion Landing Members and Drop-in Patrons.
Fall Schedule and Facilities Starting August 14th
- Monday through Friday, 7:00am-12:00pm in the Competitive Gym
- Courts 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B will be used for this program, Court 1A is vacant for other patrons.
- Papillion/La Vista School District No-School Days will dictate changes in the Weekday Morning Pickleball Schedule. On these days, Court 1A will not be utilized. This will also apply to no-school days as a result of weather or other similar circumstances.
- September 4th and 5th
- October 6th and 9th
- November 22nd through November 24th
- December 20th through January 3rd
Costs for Participation
- Free for members. Members must check-in at Front Desk
- Non-members will need to purchase a daily drop-in pass for the entire facility (Resident is $5 or $7/Non-Resident is $7 or $9)
- Anyone participating is allowed to utilize the entire facility that day (i.e. participants could play pickleball and then recover in the pool)
- Courts 2B, 3A and 3B are designated as ‘Recreation Courts’. The recommendation is for games to be played to 11 with no waitlist or 7 with players waiting. Win by 1 if playing to 11 or win by 2 if playing to 7.
- All players rotate out at end-of-game if four players or more are waiting
- Players should wait at the court they want to play on
- Players should place their paddle in the ‘paddle rack’ to ensure everyone is playing on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Court 1B and 2A is designated as the ‘Challenge Courts’. The recommendation is for games to be played to 11 with no waitlist or 7 with players waiting. Win by 1 if playing to 11 or win by 2 if playing to 7.
- Winners stay, losers rotate out
- Winners must each pair up with one of the two incoming challengers
- Winners cannot remain on the same team for consecutive games
Program Setup and Teardown
- The courts are set up by staff prior to 7:00am. This includes sweeping the court and providing any additional equipment
- Paddles and balls are stored at the front desk and available to all participants
- At 12:00 PM, Pickleball is no longer guaranteed, as the facility shifts to "Open Gym". Nets on 1B and 3B will be put into storage. Nets on courts 2A, 2B and 3A will remain available during the afternoon on a first come, first serve basis.
- Only staff are permissible in the Competition Gym Storage Room
- Each court will have signage that dictates the rules of play and expectations for all participants on each individual court.
Fall Boomers and Zoomers Pickleball League
A Sunday afternoon competitive pickleball league from 12:00-2:00 PM.
This league will use courts 2 and 3 on Sundays from September 10th - October 15th, with tournament play to follow on October 22nd.
- $50.00 per team.
- Max of 8 teams (16 participants).
- Teams must consist of partners that are at least 20 years different in age
- Registration open August 1st - September 1st
- Format and Rules
Tuesday and Thursday Pickleball Guarantee
Dedicated evening pickleball opportunities, exclusively for members of Papillion Landing.
- Court 2 will be used for reserveable time slots. 2B will be a recreational court and court 2A will be the competitive court.
- Up to six individuals can be scheduled per time-slot.
- Fall time-slot will be: 4:30-6:00 PM
- Consecutive games should not be played with the same teams and players should be rotating in to maximize play for all parties.
- Time-slots will open up two weeks prior to the date of play.
- If there are not enough participants registered for a time-slot by the preceding Monday, Papillion Landing staff will reach out to communicate this.
- There is no charge for this reservation, but players must be members of Papillion Landing and must check-in at the Front Desk on arrival.
An instructional pickleball course for the community
- The instructor and staff will provide instruction on all the basics of pickleball–rules of play, basic strategy and everything in between–and will then observe and teach participants as they play with other new players over the course of 90 minutes
- This course is $5.00 and requires pre-registration.
- Registration opens August 1st.
- Sunday, September 10th: 10:00-11:30 AM
- Wednesday, September 13th: 12:00-1:30 PM
- Sunday, October 8th: 10:00-11:30 AM
- Wednesday, October 11th: 12:00-1:30 PM
- Sunday, November 5th: 10:00-11:30 AM
- Wednesday, November 8th: 12:00-1:30 PM