Weekday Morning Pickleball
Weekday Morning Pickleball is for both Papillion Landing Members and Drop-in Patrons.
Current Schedule and Facilities
- Monday through Friday, 7:00am-12:00pm in the Competitive Gym
- Courts 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B will be used for this program, Court 1A is vacant for other patrons.
- Papillion/La Vista School District No-School Days will dictate changes in the Weekday Morning Pickleball Schedule. On these days, Court 1B will not be utilized. This will also apply to no-school days as a result of weather or other similar circumstances.
- September 4th and 5th
- October 6th and 9th
- November 22nd through November 24th
- December 20th through January 3rd
Costs for Participation
- Free for members. Members must check-in at Front Desk
- Non-members will need to purchase a daily drop-in pass for the entire facility (Resident is $5 or $7/Non-Resident is $7 or $9)
- Anyone participating is allowed to utilize the entire facility that day (i.e. participants could play pickleball and then recover in the pool)
- Courts 2B, 3A and 3B are designated as ‘Recreation Courts’. The recommendation is for games to be played to 11 with no waitlist or 7 with players waiting. Win by 1 if playing to 11 or win by 2 if playing to 7.
- All players rotate out at end-of-game if four players or more are waiting
- Players should wait at the court they want to play on
- Players should place their paddle in the ‘paddle rack’ to ensure everyone is playing on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Court 1B and 2A is designated as the ‘Challenge Courts’. The recommendation is for games to be played to 11 with no waitlist or 7 with players waiting. Win by 1 if playing to 11 or win by 2 if playing to 7.
- Winners stay, losers rotate out
- Winners must each pair up with one of the two incoming challengers
- Winners cannot remain on the same team for consecutive games
Program Setup and Teardown
- The courts are set up by staff prior to 7:00am. This includes sweeping the court and providing any additional equipment
- Paddles and balls are stored at the front desk and available to all participants
- At 12:00 PM, Pickleball is no longer guaranteed, as the facility shifts to "Open Gym". Nets on 1B and 3B will be put into storage. Nets on courts 2A, 2B and 3A will remain available during the afternoon on a first come, first serve basis.
- Only staff are permissible in the Competition Gym Storage Room
- Each court will have signage that dictates the rules of play and expectations for all participants on each individual court.